This site does not represent the views of

Bear with us while we get this organized. This site does not represent the views of http://videogum.com/ Send submissions to christophertrashomon@gmail.com Send tips to tips@videogum.com if they are not posted there, wait a while & send them to iamlizzing@gmail.com Take care, Stay Awesome.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

You Can Draw It Up: The Evolution of Jonathan Lipnicki

We all know of Mr. Gabriel Delahaye's profound appreciation for fan fiction, but what about those of us who, like crows and babies, are almost exclusively motivated by a love for shiny things? Hath we not eyes? If you prick us, do we not bleed? Don't we also deserve a place on Videogum?




It is with this ambition that I present my first installment of You Can Draw It Up, which I hope will become the definitive home for fan art for and by our dear Monsters. This week I offer a brief study on the evolution of Hollywood legend Jonathan Lipnicki.




Born October 22, 1990, Lipnicki is on the Libra/Scorpio cusp, which is also known as the Cusp of Drama and Criticism. Those born under these influences exhibit the fair judgment of Libra and the cool, precise skill of Scorpio.




Jerry Maguire-Era Jonathan Lipnicki
Jerry Maguire-Era Jonathan Lipnicki
2011; pen and ink




When Lipnicki exploded onto the scene as Ray Boyd 1996's Jerry Maguire, viewers saw this dynamism in the little dynamo and clamored for more!




Jonathan Lipnicki Gets Serious
Jonathan Lipnicki Gets Serious
2011; pen and ink




And more they received. Lipnicki was all over film and television with appearances on The Jeff Foxworthy Show, The Single Guy, Dawson's Creek, and Stuart Little--the last cowritten by none other than Devil screenwriter and living legend M. Knight Shyamalan.




Jonathan Lipnicki's Hair Obeys No Man
Jonathan Lipnicki's Hair Obeys No Man
2011; pen and ink




The high point of Lipnicki's career arguably came when he starred in 2000's spine-chilling psychothriller The Little Vampire. The picture currently enjoys a 55% freshness rating on RottenTomatoes.com and has inspired at least one YouTube member to create a hauntingly beautiful tribute.










Jonathan Lipnicki: The Man
Jonathan Lipnicki: The Man
2011; pen and ink




Now a mature 20 years old, Lipnicki's exploits can be tracked via his official web site and an active Twitter presence. We here at YCDIU look forward to his future endeavors, especially if they're all as amazing as this.




Got an idea for fan art or interested in contributing to the gallery? Leave a comment here or find me on Twitter: @thereallengli.

3 comments:

  1. The wise spirit Amy Tan once said, "Who knows where inspiration comes from. Perhaps it arises from desperation. Perhaps it comes from the flukes of the universe, the kindness of the muses."

    And one truly cannot find a kinder muse, than the one we know as Lipnicki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this I really enjoyed this post despite the subject matter. I saw that because it was my belief, in high school, that JoLip, as I will call him from now, is a terrible person. I'm not sure where this started or why or if we even had probable cause to hate JoLip as much as we did. As much as I love him in Jerry McGuire, I mean who can't love that kid, the thing we hated the most was probably his transition into adulthood. It was a joke sure but I think we tried to convince ourselves. This post is really cathartic for me thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @TanFan, I'd like to answer your Amy Tan quote with another Amy Tan quote: "I would find myself laughing and wondering where these ideas came from. You can call it imagination, I suppose. But I was grateful for wherever they came from."

    I think we now know where all those majestic ideas came from: one Jonathan Lipnicki.

    @Slothdrop, I understand how Jonathan Lipnicki can bring up a wealth of emotions--gentle love, sinister hatred, impenetrable sadness, painful psoriasis--and I am thankful to have had the chance to guide you to some sort of resolution. Keep fighting the good fight, brother.

    ReplyDelete