This site does not represent the views of

Bear with us while we get this organized. This site does not represent the views of http://videogum.com/ Send submissions to christophertrashomon@gmail.com Send tips to tips@videogum.com if they are not posted there, wait a while & send them to iamlizzing@gmail.com Take care, Stay Awesome.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

No Paparazzo-O: Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories.

As Caula Pole once sang in her 1997 hit, "Where have all the celebrities gone?"

Friends, awards season is upon us which means that fashion season is also upon us. Now it's Paris, and later Milan and New York. It appears that many celebs have skipped over the pond (as Gwyneth would say) to pop into some fashion shows and rub clavicles with models and moguls. Well... not everyone:

Last week I passed Dita Von Teese at the Glendale Galleria. I was crossing through to get to the other side (really, honestly, I wasn't shopping in a mall! OK maybe I window shopped a little on my way to grab dinner. Calm down!). She was exiting and looked rather lovely. Sort of like a sexy Mildred Pierce. I'm glad that there are some women out there flogging themselves for the sake of femininity. I like to wear Converse  and jeggings and eat popcorn while egging them on.

A few days later, I spotted the Iceman himself, Shawn Ashmore in Eagle Rock having lunch.

"No way!" -- You
"Who is that?!" -- Also you

He played Iceman in X-Men 2 & 3, and also was in the 2006 film The Quiet, which you'll recall as this week's WMOAT contestant.

Don't you feel satisfied and more informed now? Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Everyone will be thrilled to learn that, inevitably, I have a story about one of these celebrities. "HOORAY" - you. I have a close friend from Austin who spent something like six years in an on again off again relationship with the lead singer of a semi-popular Rockabilly band (he's not famous so don't worry). During one of their "on again" periods he confessed that he was just getting over a painful break up. With Dita Von Teese. Upon hearing this story I yelled "YOU WERE MARILYN MANSON'S SLOPPY SECONDS ... err ... THIRDS???!!" She was indeed.

    If anyone has thoughts on whether we should define this as "sloppy thirds" or if you have a more eloquent way to identify this sort of situation, please contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, you guys! Dita for me too! A few months ago she did a two night show at my venue and she walked by me in the music hall during rehearsals and she was so fucking tiny! Both height and waist-wise!

    #SEBFC

    ReplyDelete