This site does not represent the views of

Bear with us while we get this organized. This site does not represent the views of http://videogum.com/ Send submissions to christophertrashomon@gmail.com Send tips to tips@videogum.com if they are not posted there, wait a while & send them to iamlizzing@gmail.com Take care, Stay Awesome.

Friday, February 18, 2011

THE MONSTER JUKEBOX POWERED BY SUBSONIC

HEY - So it's been a bit over a week with the Jukebox up ( monsterjukebox.subsonic.org ) and it seems to be going pretty well!

There have been a couple of outage issues on my end (Laptop Fell Asleep!) but beyond that, stable and steady as she goes.
I want to take a moment and throw out some of the FAQ's that have been coming at me and answer them appropriately and with any help I can offer visually via screen shot.

WHO IS THIS SUBSONIC I WANT INFO - go here http://www.subsonic.org/pages/index.jsp


UPLOADS - When you Upload Something to me - it goes into a folder called Incoming. It is in the artist list, Beneath Imogen Heap and Above Incubus and Insane Clown Posse.
I then need to pull it out of said folder, label the new folder correctly and throw it into the general server population (LOCK DOWN LIGHTS OUT LADIES.... fish... fish ... FISH)


PLAYLISTS - First - Select an artist from the left hand column.  Click on the Album Cover to open it.

Second, Find a track or two or three you like. Click the Little Plus Box next to the title to add it to the Player's Playlist at the bottom.
Maybe Find another Artist?
Go on and add a counter point to your current Hulk Heavy Playlist -

Now, click on the first song on the playlist to play.

AND JAM OUT.
Now, there are ways to make multiple players, but they cant play at the same time - You will note there is a dropdown box that says player X, X+1, etc.-

Those are New Players and you can keep Different playlists on them, but you cant, say, open player 1, make a playlist and then play it, and then switch to the next player to make a playlist for it - nope - it cuts the music off bc it depends on the player. That said, everyone can run their username on multiple systems simultaneously. Kitchen, Phone, Laptop, Work, Home, Whatevs.


MOBILE ACCESS  -
If you have an iPhone, it appears you have a couple of app options including i-sub http://isubapp.com/ and z-subsonic http://intulon.com/
I have an Android, so I just found the subsonic app in my marketplace. (http://sourceforge.net/projects/subsonic/files/android and enjoy a video)
Win7 - WHY DO YOU HAVE A WIN 7 PHONE 

So yeah that's mobile access

WHERED IT ALL COME FROM -
So I did not dl this. I own most of the music I have.
My Friend (with a Download Addiction) that shall remain nameless Procured 90% of the 240 gb this thing started with. He is the one with the ICP, The Hulk, The Gucci Mane Discographies, All of the Lil Waynes and Eminems, The Krokus Best of, ACDC albums etc etc etc.
I have added from my boss's cd collection that I ripped my first year here at work.
I have added from my own collections.
I have added from friends and now am adding from you (my e- and irl Friends now) and yours.


WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS
I like to Make People Happy?
I love Music!
The thing is, I used to be really into music. But then I started disliking stuff, and that's not cool. I feel like I haven't been exposed to some of the right things. So this is why I am doing this.
Also, community, monster hugs.

ALSO LAWBLOG HOLY SHIT HE FINNA BE HOSTED AND SPOTLIGHTED.
SHOWCASE MONTHLY MUSIC REVUE FOR THE MONSTERJUKEBOX WILL BE FORTHCOMING - NEWS, STATISTICS, UPDATES, LATESTS AND GREATESTS.

Peace, Love, Music

Ummmm, Let me wrap up so this can be of use earlier than later.
I had a bunch of screen shots on Uploads and Downloads and Streaming, but I will just say that I have received approx 14 gb of music from you Guys!
Thanks for joining in and I look forward to what can come of this.

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Thanks again for doing this, DS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what finna be hosted and spotlighted is, but I'm excited about it, regardless.

    ReplyDelete