This site does not represent the views of

Bear with us while we get this organized. This site does not represent the views of http://videogum.com/ Send submissions to christophertrashomon@gmail.com Send tips to tips@videogum.com if they are not posted there, wait a while & send them to iamlizzing@gmail.com Take care, Stay Awesome.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Twin Peaks: Intro



Seeing as this series combines three things I love (the Pacific Northwest, David Lynch, and short-lived television shows), it's kind of strange I have yet to see an episode. But now it's on Netflix Instant, so what better chance to sit down, watch this together as a family, and then caption screencaps of it the next day?

If your interest isn't piqued by Google Image searching “Twin Peaks,” I don't know what say.
Disclaimer up front: someone else brought up the idea of covering Twin Peaks in chat a while back, so I don't want to step on any toes here. I also probably don't want to write up all 30 episodes! So if you're a Lynch die-hard or just interested in unleashing your inner Gabe and/or Gene Shalit, let me know. We could even have multiple people write a little about each episode? Crazy, I know, but we are going down the Lynchian rabbit hole, so the usual logic of TV show blogging no longer applies. And don't answer that phone, because the voice on the other end is you.

How'd that horse get in the house?” All will be explained. Maybe. Okay, probably not. #LOST

Which brings us to the second piece of housekeeping: how should we do this? This isn't like Glee or Top Chef where we're bound by the one-episode-a-week scheduling, and I doubt anyone who wants to watch this show wants to drag this out for 30 weeks. So my proposal is two episodes a week, with MOBFD posts on Mondays and Thursdays. Share your thoughts and scheduling ideas below!
This Thursday: Season 1, Episode 1: Pilot (extra long episode at 93 minutes)

9 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to watch this show, so I'm in. I recently watched the pilot (Netflix I love you) but besides that, I haven't seen anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm game if you're looking for participants. I did some analysis of Blue Velvet and Lost Highway as an undergrad and am a long time fan of Lynch's stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #NoJoke, I just finished watching the pilot for the first time. This coincidence intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! I just added this to my Netflix today. I have never seen it, but I am so down for watching together. I am willing to write a recap if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We could set up a special chat room and review it like Gabe sometimes does by just posting the chat? I don't know, maybe that would be too much of a hassle, but it's a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weren't we talking about doing Twin Peaks on VGum when Gabe brought up the idea of a Summer TV Club?

    I mean, that's by no means set in stone, but it definitely seemed to have the most support of any of the shows discussed over there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm. Had not seen that thread before.

    If the Mother blog is going to have it covered, wouldn't make sense to do it here, especially if that many Vgum readers want it. Maybe hold off on this until we know what Gabe does?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @stu, this seems like a question for @werttrew

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been waiting for an excuse to watch this. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete